ASSISTANT BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT – GUELPH
May 3, 2018
Assistant Building Superintendent
Victor Davis Non-Profit
Victor Davis Non-Profit is a 114-unit residential apartment building serving a diverse community with market and geared to income rent for families, seniors and tenants with supportive needs. We are currently looking for a part time assistant to the Superintendent.
Close to Public Transit:
20 hours per week, schedule to be determined
- Cleaning, Maintenance of common areas, garbage removal, grounds care, snow clearing
- Carpentry, plumbing, drywall, painting
- Cleaning and repairs to units on turnover
- Maintenance, repair work of common areas/units in an efficient, timely manner from work orders
- Responding to tenant requests, maintain log book, work orders and other administrative records
- Estimate time and materials for jobs
- Supervising trades/contractors while on site
- Ability to respond to emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as building Superintendent preferred
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving
- Good working knowledge and experience in plumbing, carpentry, construction tasks, flooring, drywall repair, painting maintenance, cleaning, repair and mechanical experience
- High School Diploma and ability to read and write in English effectively.
- Experience and/or satisfactory working knowledge of Health & Safety, and safe operation of tools and light machinery (i.e. snow blower, floor stripper)
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently without supervision
- Respect for people from all walks of life
- Able to work in physically demanding job, bending, crouching, kneeling, walking up stairs
- Ability to life up to 50 lbs (23 kg).
- Clear Vulnerable Persons Police check required once hired
How to Apply:
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to providing accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications form all qualified individuals, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.