CONSTRUCTION WORKER – HARRISTON
May 2, 2018
Every day at Moorefield Excavating, we work with big equipment, moving dirt, installing water mains and sewer lines and building roads. At the end of the day, though, we know success isn’t measured by ground moved or equipment hours; instead, success is better communities and satisfied customers, as well as safe employees. We’re the right source for sand and gravel sales, whether you’re a contractor or a homeowner. Plus, our safety-trained team members offer health and safety training and audits to other companies.
Close to Public Transit:
Construction Worker responsibilities and duties:
- Work in a manner that does not endanger yourself, your co-workers or the public
- Rig materials to be installed for excavator or crane to lift.
- Cut pipes of various materials to size prior to installation
- Manually move pipes and blocks to required location on the job site
- Manually lower pipes into cut for installation
- Install pipes and concrete structures.
- Check grade for road cuts
- Read plan, survey grade sheets, and grade stakes
- Locate and expose utilities by hand as required.
- Direct excavator operator using hand and verbal communication.
- Manually grade pack and prepare various soils and granulars to specification
- Set up, align and take down lasers at the beginning and end of each day.
- Form up and pour concrete.
- Clean up tools and construction debris daily.
- Complete necessary documentation.
- Other duties may be imposed by your supervisor and manager as required.
Construction Worker skills:
- Experience on a construction crew preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site
- Ability to complete work efficiently and correctly with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Advanced organizational skills
- Able to work well with others
- Physically fit, able to spend long periods of time on your feet
How to Apply:
Email resume to email@example.com
Compensation & Benefits: Moorefield Excavating Ltd. provides competitive pay rates depending on years of experience and other qualifications. We also offer many other great benefits!