DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER -GUELPH/ARISS
April 13, 2018
Direct Support Worker
Close to Public Transit:
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Manager, Residential Services, mentored by the Team Coordinators and through active participation with the Residential Services teams, the Direct Care Support Worker, will be responsible for the direct service to children and adults with developmental, physical and emotional challenges. Hopewell is a long term residential facility, where the direct care support worker will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the clients unique needs, providing assistance with activities of daily living. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Working with the program managers, coordinators, nurses and teams of Direct Care Support Workers, the Direct Care Support Worker will undertake the following duties and responsibilities: Person Centered Planning and Support:
- Will meet the basic physical care and personal needs of individuals
- Will be familiar with and follow medication procedures as outlined by the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Be able to perform delegated health acts with appropriate training, as assigned by nursing staff including but not limited to medication administration, working with G-Tubes etc.
- Provide transportation to individuals via association, public transit or personal vehicles as required
- Communicate with sensitivity and respect with all people to enhance the dignity and quality of life of others
- Be able to make activities truly accessible for the people we support
- Immediately advise the direct supervisor of successes, opportunities, or concerns regarding people we support
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with the principles and philosophy of Hopewell Children’s Homes with its emphasis on Care and Compassion.
- Minimum requirement of Completed post-secondary education in Personal Support Work, Nursing, or Developmental Services, Educational Suppor
- Valid Class G driver's license and own automobile insurance
- Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention
- Fire Extinguisher and Fire Safety Training
- Medication dispensing training
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, Internet and e-mail
- A clear vulnerable sector Police check
How to Apply:
How to apply: Submit a resume with a cover letter outlining your skills and abilities that would make you the best candidate for the role Please include the posting code in your email.