MARKETING ASSISTANT – GUELPH
May 17, 2018
May 22, 2018
Guelph Jazz Festival
The Guelph Jazz Festival is an annual event that presents the finest in creative improvised music programming. Now in its 25th year, the Festival presents music to inspire listeners and to invite them to hear the world anew. Based in the vibrant community of Guelph, Ontario, the Festival is one of the most provocatively enjoyable musical experiences anywhere. We strive to make unconventional music widely accessible to a broad audience through ticketed concerts, educational initiatives, and free programming. Guelph Jazz Festival is committed to the following core values in all its activities: Community
- We imagine and realize alternative visions of community.
- We actively cultivate a wide range of community partnerships.
- We encourage artistic collaboration, teamwork and volunteerism.
- We provide access with affordable ticket prices and free events.
- We deliver educational opportunities for youth.
- We engage learners of all ages and abilities.
- We inspire lively discourse.
- We encourage bold artistic ventures.
- We commission new works.
- We embrace innovative approaches to social change.
- We consider jazz within a global context.
- We celebrate artistic and cultural diversity in our programmes and our organization.
Close to Public Transit:
Exact work schedule to be determined. Start late May or early June until late Aug. Flexible hours available.
Total Hours of Work Available: 240
Job Summary The Marketing Assistant (MA) will work closely with the Director of Operations (DO) on many aspects of marketing and promotion for the Guelph Jazz Festival & Colloquium, to be held September 12-16, 2018. This position is 100% supported by the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Work closely with the DO and Artistic Director on all festival marketing materials and promotional activities
- Work with Volunteer Manager regarding distribution of printed marketing materials by volunteers
- Under the direction of the Artistic Director, ensure content is uploaded to website in a timely manner and is accurate
- Oversee Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Assist with media relations
- In conjunction with the DO, determine what ads the festival will purchase, both in-kind and cash
- Work with DO on providing CFRU and CIUT with the most recent CDs of all our artists as well as providing a background binder that highlights each artist’s media addresses, band members, recent news, etc.
- Oversee newsletter including obtaining content and scheduling deployment
- Maintain the complete marketing chart
- Assist with survey in Market Square, if in Guelph during festival
- Prepare M.C. scripts
- Perform other duties related to marketing and promotion, as assigned
- Previous marketing experience or educational program
- Knowledge of WordPress program
- Knowledge of social media
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work within deadlines; detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and accessing the internet
- Able to work in small, busy, non-profit office setting
- Effective communication skills and able to work with a variety of people with enthusiasm
- Takes initiative, can work independently and is self-motivated
How to Apply:
Grant That Funds this Position: Canada Summer Jobs Grant Restrictions: Candidate must be a university or college student intending to return to school in September 2018, age 30 or under, and not an international student. Please email cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com and put Marketing Assistant Application in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be received by Tuesday May 22, 2018. Contact person: Julie Hastings, Director of Operations. firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: The Guelph Jazz Festival is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women, Black, Indigenous and people of colour, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions. Staff will be expected to adhere to the Festival’s anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policy.