OPERATIONS ASSISTANT – GUELPH
May 17, 2018
May 22, 2018
Guelph Jazz Festival
The Guelph Jazz Festival is an annual event that presents the finest in creative improvised music programming. Now in its 25th year, the Festival presents music to inspire listeners and to invite them to hear the world anew. Based in the vibrant community of Guelph, Ontario, the Festival is one of the most provocatively enjoyable musical experiences anywhere. We strive to make unconventional music widely accessible to a broad audience through ticketed concerts, educational initiatives, and free programming. Guelph Jazz Festival is committed to the following core values in all its activities: Community
- We imagine and realize alternative visions of community.
- We actively cultivate a wide range of community partnerships.
- We encourage artistic collaboration, teamwork and volunteerism.
- We provide access with affordable ticket prices and free events.
- We deliver educational opportunities for youth.
- We engage learners of all ages.
- We inspire lively discourse.
Close to Public Transit:
Exact work schedule to be determined. Start late May or early June until late August
Total hours of work available: 240
Job Summary The primary responsibility of the Operations Assistant (OA) will be to assist the Director of Operations (DO) with logistical and operational tasks related to bringing artists to the September 12-16, 2018 Guelph Jazz Festival & Colloquium, organize the GJF Around Town program, organize the raffle, and assist with administrative tasks. This position is 100% supported by the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Assist the DO to confirm and fulfill artist’s contractual, travel, accommodation, technical and hospitality requirements
- Create and maintain artist travel (ground & air) and accommodation charts
- Coordinate foreign artist’s tax waiver applications
- Provide information emails and border letters to artists
- Prepare artist packages
- Organize the raffle: secure prizes, complete application, work with Coordinators and volunteers
- Assist the Artistic Director to organize the Guelph Jazz Festival Around Town program
- Data entry
- Organize festival cell phones
- Perform other duties related to operations and administration, as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, data entry, internet research
- Able to work in small, busy, non-profit office setting
- Effective communication skills and works well with people
- Takes initiative, can work independently and is self-motivated
- Previous operations and/or administrative experience or educational program
How to Apply:
Grant That Funds this Position: Canada Summer Jobs Grant Restrictions: Candidate must be a university or college student intending to return to school in September 2018, age 30 or under, and not an international student. Please email cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com and put Operations Assistant Application in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be received by Tuesday May 22, 2018. Contact person: Julie Hastings, Director of Operations. firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: The Guelph Jazz Festival is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women, Black, Indigenous and people of colour, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions. Staff will be expected to adhere to the Festival’s anti-harassment, anti-discrimination policy.